Thursday, April 16

MY WISH LIST

It was not a problem before but upon reciting the 2 kalimah syahadah, I try my best to guard my aurat, especially after putting on the tudung a week after my reversion to Islam.
And gosh, it wasn't easy!

The hair on my head grew and grew for months until a lady knocked on the university's dormitory door and asked if anyone needed a haircut. I was so glad she came that I almost hugged her in gratitude, hehehe. And I said a silent thankful prayer to Him when I discovered that my husband is also handy with a pair of scissors, meaning I wouldn't have to hunt for a Muslimah saloon in order to get a haircut. After 2 years under the skilled hands of my dear husband,finally we found a Muslimah salooon nearby, so I may have a good haircut (when hubby's too busy) without worrying about exposing my aurat to the public.

And the same goes for the doctors.
Finding a good lady doctor to get treatment for daily ailments can be tough, as not all clinics have female doctors. I just don't like being touched by male doctors when there is a female doctor available nearby. (which is one reason I avoid going to the government clinics unless I'm really desperate). Unfortunately with the lack of female doctors, sometimes I had to call up and enquire whether the female doctor is in the clinic. It's a hassle to arrive at the chosen clinic and be told to return later because the female doctor is busy attending to patients at another clinic. I was always tempted to go to another clinic with an attending male doctor just to save time and the need to return to the same clinic at the suggested time.
I don't think I need to explain about the need for female dentists and female tailors. You get what I mean?

Oh, I wish and wish that there're more Muslimah venturing into these fields because we really need them:
1. Female doctors with their own clinics
2. Female dentists with their own clinics
3. Female Muslim tailors who don't charge a 'bomb' for a simple baju kurung
4. Muslimah entrepreneurs who offer haircutting services
5. Muslimah masseurs
6. Gym owners who offer a special day exclusively for Muslimah to use their facilities

Anymore to add?

3 comments:

  1. salam kak aliya,
    Swimming pool and any recreative places that is reserved speciallly for muslimah. owh... what a heaven...^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam Aliya,
    Setiap Muslimah pastinya mempunyai harapan seperti yang Aliya sebutkan. Alhamdulillah sebahagiannya saya perolehi di tempat saya. Ketiga2 anak saya disambut oleh rakan perempuan saya yang bekerja sebagai doktor. Setiap kali saya dan rakan2 perempuan lain ada masalah tentang kesihatan, kami boleh membuat temujanji di hospital tempatnya bertugas @ di klinik persendirian suaminya. Tukang gunting rambut perempuan Islam juga ada di tempat saya. Setiap kali saya dan anak2 perempuan saya bergunting rambut, dia dengan senang hati mengunci kedainya buat sementara. Sebab kadangkala ada suami2 yang hantar isteri mereka bergunting rambut di situ, suka2 saja keluar masuk kedai tu sedangkan dah tahu pun itu kedai gunting untuk wanita.

    Kadang2 saya rasa kecewa sedikit bila kami singgah di masjid2, tempat wudhu' dan tempat solah wanita tidak ditutup dengan sempurna untuk menjaga aurat wanita. Sepatutnya di masjid tidak berlaku seperti ini.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waalaikumussalam anumz sarah & UmiJah,
    Setuju, setuju! Lama tak pergi berenang

    ReplyDelete