Friday, July 4

TINY BUT DANGEROUS

I hate mosquitoes. I dislike ants. I'm allergic to their bites. Apart to having to cope with my present health conditions, I also have to deal with the skin rashes resulting from the insect bites. Each day, a few extra spots on my legs or body. This has been going on for almost two weeks and I'm really uncomfortable.

I still can't fathom where the insects come from. The whole apartment building seems to be infested with ants. The only thing I haven't done is to spray myself with the insect repellent 24 hours a day. So it's itchy-itchy garu-garu each day on the spot where another red rash would form and take a few days to heal. I have to be careful when I appear in public to avoid misunderstanding, and to be labelled as "an itchy woman" or "perempuan gatal" for scratching too much!

My poor body. As I have fair skin, the rashes are clearly noticeable.
It's difficult to concentrate on anything when all you want to do is sit down and scratch like hell.
Aarrghhhh... pass me the cream again.

1 comment: