Saturday, September 13

MY OH MY

So, verily, with every difficulty, there is relief;
Verily, with every difficulty there is relief.
Therefore, when you are free, still labour hard,
And to your Lord turn all your attention.
(surah al-Inshirah 94:5-8)
my oh my.
I have problems remembering that in my land:
2008 is not just any year,
5 is not just the number of fingers of your right hand,
916 is not just the preferred grade for gold jewellery,
ISA is not just the name of a man,
sodo-mee is not just a brand of instant noodle,
lalang is not just the name of a type of grass,
Yet most importantly,
I remember that
Ramadhan is not just about going without food and drinks.
my oh my,
I still have things to learn and relearn.
my oh my.

1 comment:

  1. Assalamualaikum

    nice new layout here. refreshingly green. lets hope this Ramadhan bring us, this nation, and Muslim Ummah as whole brand new change. as green as desert after the rain. selamat menjalani ibadah puasa n selamat menyambut Aidilfitri.

    chindian guy

    ReplyDelete