Friday, November 20
LITERATURE COMPONENT FOR ENGLISH LANGUAGE 2010
Dear parents of Year 6 and Form 3 students,
Please be aware that there'll be some changes in the English Language syllabus for Form 1 and Form 4 beginning 2010.
The literature component has been changed.
So please make sure that you buy the right books for your children [if your children are not eligible for SPBT].
The Literature Component for Secondary School textbooks for Form 1,2 and 3 as well as for Form 3 and 5 are in schools now.
Here's the whole list:
English Literature Component Form 1 to 3
• I Wonder by Jeannie Kirby
• The River by Valerie Bloom
• Mr. Nobody
• Heir Conditioning by M. SHANmughaligam
• A Fighter’s Lines by Marzuki Ali
• Leisure by William Henry Davies
• Flipping Fantastic by Jane Langford
• One Is One and All Alone by Nicholas Fisk
Also, there is a new addition:
I'm told that for Penang state, we'll be studying this book.
English Literature Component Form 4 and 5
• In The Midst of Hardship by Latiff Mohidin
• He Had Such Quiet Eyes by Bibsy Soenharjo
• Nature by H.D. Carberry
• Are You Still Playing Your Flute by Zurinah Hassan
• QWERTYUIOP by Vi...vien Alcock
• The Fruitcake Special by Frank Brennan
• Gulp and Gasp by John Townsend
The students in Form 1, 2 and 4 will continue with the current literature component.They do not have to study the new texts.