Saturday, December 5

SEEK AND YE SHALT...

Before I reverted to Islam, like most nonMuslims, I had a few misconceptions about Islamic practices which alhamdulillah have been dispelled after further readings and discussions with other Muslim brothers and sisters.
Here are some of them:

1. Why don't Muslim men wear shorts?

2. Why must the azan be so loud?

3. Why do Muslim mens suffer traffic jams and discomfort just to pray at the mosques on Friday afternoons?

4. Why do Muslims have to slaughter the cows for aidiladha at the mosques? Why not at the butchers?

5. Why can't Muslims eat chicken cooked by nonMuslims?

6. Why do Muslimahs have to wear the telekung when they pray?

7. Why do Muslim men say the takbir raya at the mosque? What's the meaning of it all?

I didn't get the complete answers from other Muslims. Alhamdulillah I found them after searching in books and the internet resources.
And yes, I know that many nonMuslims, including my own brother, still have misconceptions about the answers to those seven issues.
InsyaAllah will share more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment