Thursday, August 5

THE 25TH HOUR

Busy, busy, busy...
It is already a challenge for a teacher who has been transferred to a new school in the middle of the year as she needs to adjust herself to the new environment quickly, and accepts any duties given to her without any complaint. For somebody who has returned to work after 2 months of maternity leave, it's worse.
Alhamdulillah for the good health Allah gives me, as I'm able to move about easily in the 5-blocks, 4-storeys school.
I'm borrowing an hour each day from tomorrow.
Planning, planning, planning...
Doing things as fast as I can, especially if Ikram is at home.
Once he's awake, I can't do much but to carry him about and talking to him.
He can be quite demanding.
He's now a chubby 5.7kg baby.

Anyway at school, I'm being bombarded with questions from the Chinese students as they want to know why I can speak Mandarin and Hokkien, and yet wear a tudung.
It's one thing explaining to an adult the reasons for my reversion, but it's a different case with teens, as young as 13. I don't want to be accused of trying to influence them to be Muslims.

Will be back soon with more stories, insyaAllah.

No comments:

Post a Comment