Tuesday, February 2

THE POWER OF PREGNANCY

Who says that being pregnant is tough?
For me, I've discovered some new traits which I've never thought I have it in me.
The patience of a saint, hahahaa... and the how to turn a blind eye to things and people I don't want to see.
I drive the students crazy with my unpredictableness [they think they can read teachers] and energy [they think I'm in my last trimester due to the huge belly, haha]
I've discovered that what people think of me is none of my business... as long as I'm doing the right thing.
I can stay calm in a room full of chaos and hyperactive teenagers without suffering from a headache... and still wear a smile on my face at the end of the day.
I've learnt to let go of my obsession with tidiness, order and perfection. As long as I know where everything is, that's fine.
I've learnt to say more thank you's and sorry's, and still feel good about life.
I've acknowledge that health can never be replaced by wealth, so have to take good care of the only body God gives me.
I've rediscovered the beauty of just lying down and daydreaming, hehehee..
I've reached a new level of connection with Allah All Mighty.
I've remembered that job, money, power and fame are poor subtitutes for the love and attention of loved ones in my life, so when it's time to go home, just go home.. no more excuses.
I get free gifts and special assistance from strangers due to my pregnant status.
There're many more things I've learnt since discovering that I'm carrying another life in me.
I live one day at a time, treasuring the everyday events and knowing that tomorrow will never be the same again when baby's delivered.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful thoughts. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Masya Allah a very beautiful expression straight from the heart. In fact that's what we should be every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam Snuze & muhdabdrazak,
    Just sharing my thoughts.. thoughts of an imperfect person :)

    ReplyDelete