Thursday, December 27

HARD TO SAY GOODBYE

Busy discussing the latest task with my friend when the call came in.
"Assalamualaikum," I answered, wondering why in the world Cikgu Ita called in the middle of the day.
"Eh, did you know what happened?" she asked.
"What happened?" I had a bad feeling in my stomach.
"Cikgu Rodziah passed away just now."
Inna lillah wal inna illahirajiun

It's so hard to believe. Everybody was shocked when the news of her death started to spread. She was a kind and friendly lady, a great teacher and a good friend. As we came to terms with her death, we were glad that she had spent her last days at her hometown in Sarawak, among her own family members. She had fainted due to a blood clot in her brain, slipped into a coma and passed away the next day.

How does one deal with the sudden death of a friend?
I just don't have an answer.
I just know that as Muslim friends, we are to pray for deliverance of her soul and recite the al-fatihah for her.
Allah s.w.t. knows better than us.
Cikgu Rodziah was the second shocking passing of a good friend that I've had this year.
Both had died of sudden death due natural causes. The only positive thing I can sayis that they had not suffered endless pain.
Now I dread getting phone calls, for there is always a tiny chance of getting bad news.

Life is so short, so fragile and so unique.
Appreciate your loved ones, your family, and your friends today.
They could smile,laugh and talk to you now but tomorrow is a 50-50 chance for that to happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment